Tilapia is one of my favorite fishes to eat. This is the recipe I use most often when I bake tilapia. This baked tilapia recipe is very easy to make, with only a few ingredients. Plus it is good for you!
• 4 Tilapia Filets
• 2 Garlic Cloves
• Old Bay Seasoning
Items used to make this recipe
• Baking Sheet
• Garlic Press (optional)
• Aluminum Foil
1. Get out your baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
2. Take your tilapia and place them onto the foil like pictured on the right.
3. Now spread some butter onto each tilapia filet as shown.
4. Next put your garlic into the garlic press and squeeze it through. Spread some garlic onto each tilapia filet.
5. Finally sprinkle some Old Bay seasoning onto each tilapia filet.
6. Get some more foil and place it over the fish and make like a little pouch for the fish to be in. This sort of steams them and keeps them moist.
7. Now place the tilapia into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
After the 15 minutes are up, remove the fish from the oven. Generally, you can tell if tilapia is ready to eat if it has turned all white and is flaky. Furthermore, you can use a meat thermometer to make sure they have arrived at the proper temperature, which is 140 to 150 degress.
I served up the baked tilapia with a Red Pepper rice creation that I like to make. This was a great, fast dinner to make and it was very tasty.
6 thoughts on “Baked Tilapia”
Hi, good post. I have been pondering this issue,so thanks for blogging. I’ll likely be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing
PS – I made accompanied the brown rice with ‘”World Harbors Hot Teriyaki Sauce”…a perfect compliment! Thanks again!
made tilapia last night best yet,havn`t been happy with other recipies…this one was a hit,thanks for details and pictures not much of a cook here, but i`m tryin.
made some last night it was the hit at my fish fry thanks
Thanks for the great recipe!
love it love it! Its so easy to make n so healthy! ummm did I say i love it! Lol! Thanks a bunch!