This is only my second time ever making Catfish but after making this recipe. I will be making this recipe more often. This was a very easy recipe to put together and came out excellent. I was savoring each bite. I found this recipe at a Land Big Fish and would highly recommend it.
• 6 Catfish Fillets
• 1 Cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 Cup Flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 egg
• 1/2 Cup Milk
• 1/4 Cup Butter
• 1 Clove Garlic
Items used to make this recipe
• 2 Mixing Bowls
• Baking Sheet
• Aluminum Foil
1. OK, now in the first mixing bowl we want to mix together the parmesan cheese, flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
2. In the second bowl mix together the egg and the milk well.
3. Next, get out your baking sheet. Line it with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray so the fish won’t stick.
4. Now, we are ready to start breading the fish. First get a catfish fillet and dip it into the egg mixture. Make sure to cover the fish well. Then take it to the flour mixture and make sure to get the fish covered well and then place on your baking sheet. Repeat for each fillet.
5. OK now it is time to make the garlic butter. In a small skillet melt the butter and press your garlic clove into the butter. Saute it for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then drizzle your garlic butter onto the Catfish fillets.
6. Now bake the Catfish at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until Catfish is white and flaky. The last 5 minutes I turned up the oven to 400 to really get them crispy.
On some of the fillets I guess I had a bit to much breading cause it did not cook up all the way. But it did not affect the Catfish one bit. This was some of the best fish I have ever had it was very moist and had a great flavor to it.