At the farmer’s market stand just down the road from where I live they had a sale on pineapples. $2 for a pineapple. So I picked one up and was trying to decide what to do with it. When I decided to try creating a dish with it. I had some Lawry’s Hawaiian Marinade and I figured that would be perfect to marinate some chicken in and then grill the pineapples up on the grill.
• 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
• Lawry’s Hawaiian Marinade or any marinade you choose. Could use a teriyaki marinade.
• 1 Pineapple
• 1 Cup Brown Sugar
Items used to make this recipe
• Cutting Board
• Measuring Cups
• Meat Tenderizer Mallet
• Ziploc Bag
1. OK first off we want to get our chicken ready to marinate. So trim all the fat off the chicken breasts and then tenderize them with your Meat Tenderizer Mallet.
2. After your chicken breast are trimmed up and tenderized throw them into a ziploc bag and pour enough marinade in the bag to cover them. Then place the bag in your refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. While your chicken is marinating we will prepare the pineapple slices. First you will want to lay the pineapple on it’s side and cut off the top and the bottom of the pineapple.
4. Then stand the pineapple up and cut down the sides taking off the rind of the pineapple.
5. Once you have all the rind of the pineapple cut off place the pineapple on it’s side and cut crosswise to make 1/2 inch thick slices.
6. Now you want to cut our the fibrous core from the center of each slice. If you have a fruit corer then you can use that. I however do not have one so I just used a knife to cut out the center of the pineapple slices.
7. OK now it is time to do some grilling. You can put everything on the grill at the same time so go ahead and put your chicken on the grill.
8. Now before you put your pineapple slices on the grill dip them in some brown sugar and then put them on the grill. The pineapple slice will need about 6 minutes per side. Once they have some nice grill marks on them they are ready to go.
9. Once the chicken has reached 170 degrees it is done and ready to pull off the grill. Now just plate everything up.
OK here we are all plated up! I also grilled some asparagus for this dish. This came out pretty good the pineapples were super juicy and complemented the chicken very well.