Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite Italian recipes to make at home.
It is easy to make and always comes out tasty. If you are looking for a healthier version or to try something different take a look at our Eggplant Parmesan recipe.
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
• 3 slices mozzarella cheese
• 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I used Newmans Own Marinara, it is the best jar pasta sauce I have ever had)
Items used to make this recipe
• Baking Sheet
• Measuring Cups
• Cutting board
• 3 bowls
• Aluminum Foil
• Meat Tenderizer Mallet
1. First pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Get out your baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
3. Take your chicken breast out and place them onto a cutting board. Trim them up and remove all of the fat. Next take out your meat tenderizer mallet and pound the chicken breast until they are about a 1/2 inch thick. I usually try and get the thickness of the chicken even so they will cook evenly.
4. Get out your 3 bowls. Crack your 3 eggs into one of the bowls, and mix them up. With the other two bowls place your flour and bread crumbs in them.
5. Now that you have your assembly line ready to go, here is the order that you want to bread your chicken breasts.
6. First take your chicken breast and dip it into the egg mixture. Make sure that they get good and covered with the egg mixture.
7. Next take the chicken and cover it with flour by dipping it into the flour bowl. Now you want to take it back to the egg mixture bowl and get it good and covered again with the egg mixture.
8. Finally, dip your chicken breast into the bread crumb bowl and get it good and covered with bread crumbs. Then place it onto the baking sheet.
9. Place the chicken into the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Check for doness, they should be white through out and at a temperature of 170 degrees.
10. While your chicken is cooking, heat up your pasta sauce and have it ready for when the chicken is done.
11. Once your chicken has finished cooking take it out of the oven and then place your mozzarella cheese on top and return it to the oven to melt the cheese. After the cheese has melted, pour on your pasta sauce and you are ready to eat.
After you make this Chicken Parmesan at home restaurant Chicken Parmesan won’t be the same again. Make some pasta as a side and top with your sauce. Enjoy!