What goes with a cold winter day? CHILI!!! So here is my recipe for Hearty Texas Chili. It is easy to put together but can be time consuming. But the result is well worth the wait. This recipe is not hot, but instead has a sweet tomato flavor. You could add some hot sauce to the recipe for a bit of a kick. Perhaps I will try that next time and let you all know how it came out.
• 2 lb ground turkey
• 1 large spanish onion
• 1 large green onion
• 1 – 28 oz can of tomato puree
• 1 – 28 oz can of diced or petite cut tomatoes
• 1 – 14 oz can of pinto beans
• 1 – 14 oz can of great norther beans
• 1 – 6 oz can of tomato paste
• 2 cups of water
• 8 teaspoons beef bouillon
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
• 2 teaspoons sugar
Items used to make this recipe
• Large Pot
• Measuring Cups
• Cutting board
• Can Opener
• Spatula and a spoon
1. First get out a large pot and put your ground turkey in it and brown the turkey.
2. While your ground turkey is browning up chop up your onion, and green pepper. You want to chop them up into fairly small pieces like pictured.
3. Once your turkey has finished browning add in the chopped onion and green pepper. Use a garlic press and press 3 cloves of garlic into the pot. Cook and stir the onions and peppers until they have become tender.
4. Now it is time to add in all of the remaining ingredients.
5. After you have added in the rest of the ingredients stir them all together and bring the chili to a boil.
6. Once the chili starts to boil reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Be sure to stir every 15 to 20 minutes.
After about 2 hours we have our bowl of chili. Just add your favorite cheese on top, and grab a spoon and enjoy! It will be even better the second day but who can wait that long.