This recipe will be the first one that I use that some one else has created. And they have created an awesome recipe at that. Below I will show how I made the recipe, and also any modifications that I made to it. You can check out the original recipe for candied salmon by going to AllRecipes.com. Now I am always nervous trying out a new recipe, but this one came out so tasty and good that I can not wait to make it again. I hope salmon is on sale next week! I sort of cut this recipe in half cause it seemed like there was quite a bit of onion being used and that just seemed like way to much. But after eating it I can see how you would want to have alot of onions with this one.
• 1/4 cup of butter
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
• 1 large sweet onion
• 1/2 cup of white vinegar
• 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Items used to make this recipe
• Garlic Press
• Toaster Oven
• Measuring Cups
• Aluminum Foil
• Baking Sheet
1. First off I cleaned the onion and then chop it up into small pieces like shown. Then placed the onions in the skillet along with the vinegar and brown sugar.
2. Cook the onions for about 15 minutes at medium heat until they are good and caramelized.
3. While your onions are cooking preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray. Place your salmon fillets on the baking sheet.
4. In another small skillet melt the butter with the garlic.
5. Now take the melted garlic butter and spread that over the top of your salmon fillets. Next pour the caramelized onions onto your salmon fillets. It will now look like the picture to the right.
6. Place the salmon into the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. You can also check to make sure the internal temperature of the salmon has reached 140 degrees to insure it is cooked properly or that it is flakes with a fork.
Here is the finished product on the plate with some steamed green beans. This was probably the best salmon I have ever had. I would recommend that every one tries this recipe. My wife and I are looking forward to the next time we get a chance to make it.
If you love salmon as much as I do and have a grill take a look at our recipe for Easy Grilled Salmon. It is sure to be a hit.