Here is an easy recipe for making some great New York Strip Steaks on the grill. I usually marinate my steaks in Dales or Italian Dressing but this Steak Rub was so good that I think I will be using rubs for my steaks from now on.
• 2 New York Strip Steaks
• 1 Tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
• 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
• Olive Oil
Items used to make this recipe
• 1 Mixing Bowl
• Serving Platter
• Plastic Wrap
• Spatula and Fork
1. Get out your mixing bowl and combine the four spices Montreal Steak Seasoning, light brown sugar, onion powder, and oregano. Mix them together well with a fork or a whisk.
2. Now place your steak on a serving platter or baking dish. Rub in the spices into the steaks and then place some olive oil over the rubbed in spices. Then flip the steaks over and repeat.
3. Wrap the steaks up with some plastic wrap and place them into the fridge and to marinate for at least 30 minutes. You could begin cooking them right away but if you marinate them some the flavors will really begin to take in the steak.
4. After the steaks have marinated it is time to do some grilling. Preheat the grill on high for about 10 minutes. Now when I grill I like to spread some olive oil onto the cooking grates so what ever I am cooking will not stick to the grill.
5. Grill your steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning only once.
Temperatures for steaks:
Rare – 120 – 125 degrees
Medium Rare – 125-140 degrees
Medium / Medium Well – 145 – 155 degrees
Well Done – 160 degrees
That’s it a pretty easy recipe on how to make a great New York Strip steak. The wife made some Sweet Potato skillet fries to go with the steak for this meal. Sorry didn’t do a recipe for those but I will next time, cause they were very good.